Debo Omololu is the CEO & co-founder of GetFundedAfrica, a tech-based marketplace connecting African founders with global mentors, coaches, corporates, investors, and government. It assists founders in finding funding, growing and scaling, creating jobs, and solving Africa's unique challenges. GetFundedAfrica aims to uplift people and economies in Africa through entrepreneurship.
Additionally, Debo is an intrapreneur and entrepreneur with two decades of experience in business development, market research, and venture capital, focusing on strategy, fundraising, venture capital, business & product development, sales planning, and providing market insights on emerging markets.
Before launching GetFundedAfrica, he worked in the banking, financial, and tax sectors, where he developed and honed salient skills in fundraising, market research, business planning, strategic analysis, alternative investments, educational technology, artificial intelligence, tax accounting, management, entrepreneurship & leadership; most of which continue to serve him well in his current chief executive role.
Other hats that Debo wears include:
- deal flow advisor in ODBA
- corporate development advisor for KaiOS Technologies
- partner of Afriscaper Market Research & Consulting
- public speaker, having visited over 12 countries to discuss industries and growth in emerging markets.
- angel investor, committing funds to promising African start-ups operating on the continent.
- online coordinator of a community known as Success Entrepreneurs, which is almost 1,000-member strong.
- founding member of the Nigerians in Diaspora Organization (East China), the African Business Chamber in China (Afbizcham), and a fellow of the Start-up Leadership Program (SLP)
He holds a B. Sc (Hons), Accounting from the University of Ilorin, Nigeria, and is a chartered member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria; a diploma in Marketing from the University of Liverpool; and a certificate in Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets from Harvard University.
He volunteers for Junior Achievement Nigeria, Next Level Educational Foundation, Start-up Leadership Program, and FATE Foundation.
Watch Adebola's CEO Award Interview
“I am humbled and honoured to be a nominee for the AFN CEO Awards 2022. Many thanks to AFN and Matt Sitter. Our work at GetFundedAfrica involves helping start-ups grow and positively impact societies. This nomination will spur us to strive even more to enable the growth of many more businesses.”
From AFN CEO Matt Sitter
"Africa has 1.2 billion people and a very young demographic compared to other parts of the world.
Infrastructure constraints (and technologies that overcome those constraints) has given rise to innovations that are useful throughout the world.
Debo and his team have recognized and acted decisively to support the tremendous innovation potential of the human capital in Africa. Their efforts to bring capital to the budding entrepreneurs and innovators in Africa will benefit local markets, the continent, and the world."